WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

HOW IS YOUR MEMORY ??

This morningI needed to go into town to get a bit of shopping, I usually write a list but as I only needed a couple of things ,I was not going to bother.John said we needed dog food and he wanted the newspaper and something else so I decided to make a list after all .when we were in the car,john asked if I had put the dog food on the list--- I had forgotten--so I told him to add it as I was driving.
When I got to the shop I could not find the list,but I remembered what I needed,so I thought.At the checkout I realised I had not got the pet food so went back to get it and picked up a big bag of cat food,I even looked at other cat food to make sure I was getting the best value for my money.
When we got home I asked john to take the shopping out of the car,he saw the cat food and asked why I had bought it,we do not even own a cat!!! I made an excuse that I picked it up by mistake,instead of dog food.He then tells me we did not need dog food,we needed BIRD nuts!!
I reminded him that HE had written DOG food on the list.
So we are both loosing our memory.!!!

Later,when reading the paper I came across  this little story,it was so apt to what had passed earlier in the day,I just have to share it with you.

Well I hope it amuses you.Have you had episodes of memory loss or frozen brain syndrome,which is what I call it.
I was going to do a post about the satellite navigation system I bought,but I will do that post in the week.
Hope you all enjoy your weekend and remember what you did.!!
Carolyn.
PS.You will have to enlarge the clip to read it.

7 comments:

  1. No you are not loosing your memory. You have more important things to think about! I have three bottles of washing up liquid and no potatoes. Nowt wrong with me..........it's the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - love the story about the old couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I call living in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making lists is a good method regardless of one's age. To preserve memory, they say, one should engage in solving crosspuzzles and eating a small square of black chocolate each day.
    The story in the newspaper makes us smile. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to make lists. But, then I forget where I put the list! Have a great week. ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this made me laugh. I keep my lists in my cell phone, but that only works when I remember to carry it with me.

    As Duta says (in the comment above) working puzzles is supposed to help. In our family we madly work sudoku puzzles--my sister recently bought a case of them by mail!

    I had a truly frightening "memory" moment, when I couldn't remember how to open the car door to get out. I was holding a large pizza box, which covered the door handle and it seems that I usually open that door relying on muscle memory. When I had to think my way through each step I was at a loss. It scared me badly, and I was afraid they'd cart me off to the old folks' home right then and there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lately my memory has been good, I remembered not too long ago that I put the t.v. remote in the refrigerator, what is that called? Gotta slow down here a little and live life at a slower pace. Loved your post.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and do read them all.