WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

RETIRING

A new life in a new house looms on the horizon,August the 24th to be precise.
It is with great sadness that I leave the Castle as I will have such a lot of memories and love for the old place.
The fact is,we can not keep up with all the work required to keep it up any more,the house,the guests,the entertaining,the gardens,require constant attention and we need to retire and let the new generation take over.
We are moving to a small farmhouse just 2 miles down the lane,next to my daughters farm.I say farmhouse,that is what it once was but it has been gutted and modernized by the previous owners,to make a modern,clean,easy to look after  home with a pretty garden and a small paddock.
In the master bedroom there is a picture window which frames the peak of my beloved mountain through a gap in the trees,so I can see it when I wake in the mornings.

I will visit often,but it will be good not having the responsibility of it,but I will miss it and it will be hard to adjust to a life......put out to pasture......
I will post photos of the new house when we move but here are some photos of the place we are leaving.




I am busy packing up ,sorting out what to take with me,we have to down size big time.!! The charity shops will do well out of all the donations coming their way and the family are benefitting from the leftovers as well.!!
I will still be on line until August then I will be off line until September as we will have to get the internet installed in our new location etc,when they will do that is anyones guess.
I will still post as ..Views from the Castle..out of sentiment though it should be ..views from the farmhouse.!!
Have  a good week.
Carolyn.

9 comments:

  1. You'll not be far from the castle, so that's a big consolation.
    I wish you a very smooth transition to the new house and a pleasant retiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the very best of luck with the move to your new home. It may have been a labour of love at the Castle, but my goodness, to be able to say "I lived there...." I'm sure that it has been a long thought out process before you came to the decision to make the move. Enjoy the relaxing times ahead, and we can look forward to some more of your lovely photographs that you can take in your free time I hope. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know there will always be a special place in your heart for your castle, you have lived a magical life, one most of us only dream of.
    Time to pass it's care to the next generation, to have lived there was your reward...
    I wish you the very best in your up and coming move, and look forward to the pictures of your new 'castle' :)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are going to a wonderful new home. A new beginning in a place with not as much work and more modern. I look forward to seeing more of your blog and pictures of your new home.
    I would have loved to have lived in a castle, just about every girls dream and it's so nice to know of someone who has and read your posts and see your lovely pictures.
    Blessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although it's sad to say goodbye to such a beautiful home, think of it as an exciting new chapter of your life. You can always visit and won't have the worrying of ownership. Good luck in your new home.
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're home is so beautiful and how many people can say they've lived in a castle? :) Now you are about to start a new adventure in another home. And you will have more time for taking your lovely photos! You've worked hard caring for your castle with guests to take care of and cook for. You will have many happy memories and I imagine you have lots of stories to write a book about life in the castle should you ever want to. I wish you much happiness, Carolyn, in the days and years ahead in your new home, and I'm looking forward to seeing photos!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you as you begin a new chapter! You never know what adventures lie out there, just waiting for you to have the time to live them. Great times ahead for you and John!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you all good things for your move. Exciting and yet I know there must be mixed emotions. Good luck and I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness. I haven't been visiting blogs for a while and now see there is a lot of catching up for me to do here! I think I will spend some time going back through your blog to tide me over until you introduce us to your new place. I hope the move isn't too exhausting (but moves always are, in one way or another).

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and do read them all.