WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

LOOKING FORWARD TO 2010

I hope every one had a good and happy Christmas Holiday,I also wish you a very happy New Year.
We had an eventful holiday,the travel arrangements did not go as expected,due to adverse weather conditions,our departure from Waterford airport was delayed because all the aircraft were snow bound in the UK so we had to sit it out in this tiny airport with little comfort ,though they did give us vouchers for a free sandwich and a cup of coffee.Eventually we arrived in Birmingham and my daughter was there to meet us,but the roads were treacherous on the journey back to her house.The whole holiday was spent mostly in doors as the freezing weather did not let up and driving was near impossible.Our journey home was much the same,stuck at Birmingham,because the runway in Waterford was frozen solid so no planes could land.
Despite this we had a lovely time with my daughter and son inlaw and our grandchildren,and we both had the rest we really needed.
This year I plan to have some computer lessons as my skills are very limited and I am not using the computer to capacity and even the computer book for dummies has not helped much !! I also am planning to do some much needed decorating as the white washed stone walls now look black from fire smoke.It is amazing what hits you when you return home after a holiday !! I never realised how shabby the walls were and the carpets need cleaning etc etc,so I will not have time to get bored this year.
As I have only just returned I have not had time to catch up on every one but will be with you all in the next day or so.
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and do read them all.