WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

SPORTS DAY

Yesterday, Friday was a lovely day.The sun was out but there was cool breeze up here in the mountains,cool enough for me to wear a light jumper and jeans.In the afternoon I went off to my grandsons school for the annual sports day and prize giving.As usual it turned out to be a blistering hot day,I should have known better !! there was me in a jumper and everyone else in summer tops and shorts etc,I thought I was going to die from the heat.I could not take my jumper off because I had no top on under it,stupid or what !!
Anyway I had a lovely afternoon,I bought some plants that the pupils had grown to raise money,had strawberries and cream ,also  a roast hog salad put on for the parents and visitors,the best pork I have ever tasted.
Oliver won a shield for his cricket achievements ,at the prize giving and my son won the fathers race and got a box of chocolates that he gave to me,he knows my little weakness !!

The sack race

The wheelbarrow race

The fathers race,my son on the left in the navy T shirt.

No,he did not hit the other man over,even though it looks like it !! He went on to win the race,very funny watching grown men in a sack race !!

Oliver getting his cricket award.

I did take photos of the proper races but only captured the field,they ran too fast for me to get them in the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and do read them all.