I have spent the last week enthralled watching the swallows building a nest on top of the waste pipe under the eves of the cottage. the birds have been swooping over the lake scooping up mud to build the nest and have almost completed it now.It seems the finishing touches are being applied now,so should be ready for egg laying any day now.I doubt if I will get any photo's of the eggs as the nest is so high and too close to the roof to get the camera over it.
These photo's are not good quality as these birds are too quick to keep changing the camera settings,so I just set everything to auto and hoped for the best.
First survey the neighbours.
Having built your nest,look for improvements to be made.
Adjust as necessary.
Add furnishings.
Luxury soft furnishings.
More lambs wool.to lay the eggs on??
Lets wait and see if the other half approves of my efforts !!
I will be watching,hope to get pictures of the fledglings when they arrive.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I look forward to your comments and do read them all.