WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

OAP,OFFICIAL

Life as I know it has changed for ever,I am now officially classed as old !!
Firstly I had to renew my driving license ,which in Ireland is every 10yrs, only to be told that I could not have a 10yr license because I would be 70,before the time expired,then I would only get a 3yr license,supported by a medical.OMG,what has happened,I do not look old,I do not act or think old.
Secondly,I had to go to the hospital a few days ago for an appointment with the osteoarthritis consultant.
When I eventually found the clinic which was in a prefabricated building in the car park,I was appalled at the sign over the door.----DAY CENTRE FOR THE ELDERLY and AGE RELATED ILLNESSES.
I do not use a zimmer frame or a walking stick or any other aid,thank God,but boy did that sign make me feel old.!!!
The consultant was a geriatric consultant,very kind,most helpful and very fastidious in examining me,no complaints about that,but he then went on about all the aids available to me if I needed them--nnooooo.!!!
I do take comfort in the knowledge that the elderly are well cared for and catered for here,but I do not need this,for a long time ,I hope,but I have to attend this clinic on a weekly basis for physiotherapy which I am not looking forward to.




Well this oldie is logging off now to make a cup of tea,be back soon,hope you all enjoy MayDay and enjoy the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and do read them all.