Do you have friends from the past that made an impact on your life,that you have lost contact with.?
I had two friend in my early teens ,Janet Collins and Launa Young.Both these girls had a huge impact on my life and I have never forgotten them.
Launa,I met when I was working in Cheltenham,Glos in the UK,she lived in Warden Hill,Hatherly.
I am giving as much info as I can remember ,as she went to America and may still be there,she might even read this.Her mother was a nurse and it was she who inspired me to take up nursing,it was Launa who encouraged me to marry John,she took a photo of me in the Imperial Gardens,in Cheltenham and told me to send it to John,she wrote on the back ,Carrie , the name she always called me.I have a more personal message for her,if she ever gets in touch.
Janet and her mother were very good to me and I stayed with them at weekends,her mother was a widow ,and they lived in a flat in Cheltenham,then moved to Huckelcote,Glos.Janet married and moved to Taunton ??Down somewhere in the south of England,anyway.I do not know her married name,or where she is now,I also have a message for her if I find her.
I lost contact when I married,I went abroad and never came back,except for holidays,but every one had moved including my parents,who moved to Wales,so I never got back to Cheltenham for decades.
I made lots of friends as an army wife,but because we were moved around the world,often with little or no notice,it was difficult to keep in touch ,so these people were transient friends,still remembered and talked about,but we don't have anything in common any more.
On the remote chance that someone reading this can shed some light on my two friends would you email me please.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I look forward to your comments and do read them all.