40 years ago Pam planted a cherry tree in the lake garden,it has grown quite large now but has never ever born fruit.We are high up the mountain and fruit trees do not do well at this altitude.We have a pear tree that has fruited once in 30yrs,a plum that produced 2 plums and apple trees that do fruit,but never ripen.
While trying to photograph a bird in the cherry tree,I noticed a red blob under one of the leaves,our very first and only cherry.!!
I searched the tree for more
but this is the only one.Don't laugh,but we cut it into 4 so that we could all taste the rare cherry!!
..................................................................................................................................................................
The swallows have now fledged and left the nest.6 baby birds successfully raised and free.These are the last photo's,as they flew for the first time as they left the nest.
The parents were calling to them to leave,and dive bombing me.!!
The first two to hop out on to a drainpipe just under the nest.
The last two to go,I hope they all make it back next year.
.................................................................................................................................................................
Thank you to those who responded to my last post,your comments and support were very welcome.I will let you know when B gets his transplant,when ever that may be.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I look forward to your comments and do read them all.