WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.

Monday, July 19, 2010

HAND MADE SUGAR PASTE ROSES

I am making a three tier wedding cake for a friends daughter who gets married the week after next.In traditional fashion,it will be white and she wants pale yellow roses on it.I started these roses a week ago,but I can only do a few at a time as it makes my back ache and the arthritis in my fingers does not help.!!Only 24 more to do,I will be glad when I have finished them.


They come in large,for the bottom tier,medium for the second and small for the top.

Not a perfect rose,but it is the one I used for inspiration.I will post a picture of finished cake at the end of next week.
..................................................................................................................................................................
Changing the subject completely,this next photo was taken just before we were hit by a massive rain storm.

The next is after the storm.I was surprised how much detail of the aircraft was visible ,as it was just a silver dot in the sky.

Wish I was being carried of to somewhere exotic,could do with a holiday.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and do read them all.