WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.
Monday, November 15, 2010
IRISH TRAFFIC JAM
Post cards depicting similar scenes to this,sell like hot cakes in the tourist season,but I was on the receiving end of this one this afternoon. I took this photo from the car,I was stuck behind these neighbours and their flock for miles,the road is so narrow there is no way of turning round.Patience is said to be a virtue,fortunately my destination was only half a mile on from here,so my virtue lasted just long enough to get me to my daughters farm.
Changing the subject completely, last week I developed a bad case of tooth ache,I managed to get an appointment with the dentist the next day and was told I needed to have the offending back molar removed.The extraction was not straightforward and complications arose getting the root out,I also required a filling which was done while my gums were still anesthetized. When my mouth returned to normal several hours later I was in agony and had to take pain killers,nearly a week later my mouth is still sore and I still have tooth ache,would you believe I have to wait until Thursday to get an appointment.!!! As I am still in pain I am wondering if the right tooth was removed.
The tooth that was removed had a gold crown,dental work that I had done 30yrs ago,I was given the tooth when I paid the bill,by the receptionist. What am I supposed to do with it ?? I know the price of gold has shot through the roof this year,but I can hardly trade it in for cash.!! I do not fancy wearing it on a chain round my neck---The receptionists suggestion--
As a bit of lighthearted fun I am open to your suggestions as to what can be done with this ancient molar,that has quite a generous amount of gold in its crown.
Yes here it is in all it's glory.I have hidden the offending root part in the tissue.There must be something that can be done with it--------Practical or downright funny----
Come on, make me laugh ,it will help take my mind off the pain.!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ouch !
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing worse than a toothache, I hope you get some relief soon !
As for the gold cap, no funny suggestions, just keep it as part of your legacy, carried around with you for 30 years.
Those sheep baaahly move :)
Actually, I believe you really can take it to one of the "cash for gold" places; you don't even want to know how I know this! (It's not personal experience!) hehehe
ReplyDeleteI love your traffic jam picture! Hope you get some tooth relief soon!
Hi Carolyn, I love the photo of the Irish Traffic Jam! That is something you don't see very much here in my part of the country. I've had to follow some slow moving tractors occasionally when driving on one of our hilly and curvy highways, tho.
ReplyDeleteSorry you are having so much pain with your tooth. Tooth pain is miserable, I know. Hope you get some relief soon! As far as the gold, I think I'd try to find out what it might be worth since gold is so high now. You never know!
Thanks for your nice comment at my blog, I'm very glad to have you as a blog friend!
Have a great day,
Cheryl
Pop it in the Christmas pudding instead of a sixpence.
ReplyDeleteGive it to Jackie for christmas! She could put it with her false eye collection!
ReplyDeleteToothace pain is the worst pain. Hope you are pain free very soon.
ReplyDeleteIf I were you, I would sell the gold tooth and purchase a selections of roses for my garden....
Ha!
We were in a traffic jam just like this one in Montana once.
ReplyDeleteI have a mouthful of temporary crowns at the moment and am waiting for the new ones to get done in slow New Mexico time. No pain, though. I am so sorry you are suffering.
I love Adrian's suggestion for your tooth, and second it heartily. Still laughing about that pudding.
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WELL WISHES REGARDING MY TOOTHACHE,THEY ARE MUCH APPRECIATED.
ReplyDeleteA Brit In Tennessee
I do not think I want to keep the tooth,It is not something I would want to display or show anyone,so It will have to go.
DEB
I would be embarrassed taking it to a cash for gold outlet.I suppose I could try to remove the cap from the root,that would make more sense thinking about it.!! Did you do that.??
The Farmers Daughter
This particular traffic jam took a long time as there were over a hundred sheep being moved.We encounter these holdups on a regular basis,but this one was the biggest yet.
I probably will sell the gold,as I do not want to keep it,I have plenty of ideas for the money.
Thank you for the lovely compliment.
ADRIAN
Up to this point,you have to have won the NON prize for making me laugh.I nearly choked on my coffee this morning reading your suggestion,just brilliant,I am still laughing writing this reply.
THANK YOU.
Kipling
Good idea,it will save me having to buy a Christmas present and it can't be as bad as false eye balls.!!!!
The Redneck Rosarian
You win the non prize for boldness.!!!
You have given me an idea though,as your blog has inspired me to create a rose garden,I will treat myself to some fine roses with the proceeds.I will name the garden in your honour.!!
Clairz
Good luck with your dental work,glad to hear yours are painless,thankfully my pain has subsided today,but I am still keeping my appointment,to find out what went wrong.
The pudding suggestion from ADRIAN,is hilarious,I too am still laughing.!!!
I'm surprised your dentist didn't offer to buy the golden cap, as they ususally have connections with laboratories and make money not only from pure dental work.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, if you insist on selling it, there are places which will gladly buy it and give you a nice sum - if it's 18 karat gold. You'll just have to overcome any feeling of embarrassment and do it.
I'll have it!... me! me!
ReplyDelete