At the weekend the elusive squirrels were playing in a tree in the garden and I was able to get three photographs of one of them before it disappeared into the canopy out of sight.I have tried tempting them with nuts scattered on the roof of the shed but they are very shy animals and refused the treat.
While on my walk recently I came to some fir trees in the middle of nowhere and noticed something sparkling on the branches.When I got near enough to see what it was,I was so intrigued I just had to take a picture.
There were 4 trees and each had one of these crystals hung on a branch.I wonder who put them there and what the significance of them meant to whoever did it.??
I leave you with an almost full harvest moon,taken in the afternoon while it was still light.
Have a good week everyone and I wish you a happy Thanks Giving.
I've seen red squirrels before, somewhere in the Carolinas, I believe. We have just the grey variety here in Delaware as well as when I lived in Florida. They were chatty critters, but it took me a while to figure out where the noise was coming from!
ReplyDeleteI think the fairies hung the crystals to catch the sunlight so that they could have rainbows every day the sun shines!
Great moon photo...as always your pictures are a delight!