As John was so attached to Eddy and missed him very much,he was given a Christmas present of a Chinese porcelain owl which he loves.No substitute for the real thing but a lovely gesture from Pam who put a lot of thought into buying the present. John now wants to collect owls,so I know what his birthday present will be.!!
I received a chicken biscuit barrel,I have a glazed green chicken,a Victorian one,which I keep in the kitchen,so it looks as if I will be starting a new collection as well.I also received a beautiful Waterford crystal vase,you can never have too many vases,but this one is the poshest one I own.The photo of it is not good,but it gives you an idea of it,excuse the awful flower arrangement in it,I just stuck them in to take the photo.!!
This post is done in desperation, nothing interesting has been happening and I am foraging around for something to write about.Until the next time,take care and for those of you who have snow and ice,keep warm and safe.


Sorry mum thats the worst excuse yet! If nothing is happening, make it happen! The last photo is awful! Once you achieve a certain standard it's a shame to let them drop. Take your time, which by all accounts you have plenty of, and re-take it. Think about the type of light that is illuminating the subject? Think about what your camera can do to correct the colour cast? I will give you a clue ,Tungsten. Most of all think about focus!
ReplyDeleteSorry to be so direct, but!!!!
you sure that owl's not real ?
ReplyDeleteWell, this post is turning out to be pretty entertaining, especially when the first couple of comments are taken into account!
ReplyDeleteI have a book about British English and American English, called Divided by a Common Language. We should add Irish English to the title. When I read that you had received a "chicken biscuit barrel" I was picturing a large container kept in the barn, and containing some kind of poultry treat. Actually, I was giggling about that, as I knew the reality would be far from my mental image. And it was!
See, even the most mundane of posts, as you might imagine it to be, provides no end of entertainment for me!
Lovely owl, lovely chicken, I remember the Eagle owl you blogged about.
ReplyDeleteWow, kids can be direct can't they, take it you got the message about the last photo of the flowers from your loved one!!!!!! Look forward to your next attempt at the vase to see if they approve - lol!
OK, this was a fun stop tonight! Like Clair, I knew "chicken biscuit.." was not going to be what my mental picture was flashing when I first saw those words! Your biscuit barrel is lovely, as is your vase. Glad the owl (the live one!) is living a full life in spite of not being able to be out in the wild!
ReplyDeleteHi Carolyn, it's good to see you posting! We've missed you. You have some very nice presents! I love the chicken and the vase is so pretty. I think your flowers look just fine. I didn't see the post about the Eagle owl so I'll have to look that up, sounds interesting.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about blogging. Sometimes it is hard to come up with something. So I'll do a recipe or meme or whatever comes to mind.
I think this post is very interesting and I'm glad you shared these photos. Hope to "see" you again soon. Take care! ~Cheryl
Hello
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind comments about my sore tooth !!
I like this post and I love your chicken!!
Take care
Twiggy x
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS.
ReplyDeleteKipling.
I have taken note of your comment and promise,to take more care in future when posting pictures.!!!!
As for not having anything interesting to blog,If the weather would improve I could take some photographs,can't do that in fog and rain.
King
Ha Ha.!!!
Clairz
I too am amused sometimes by the difference in the English language,depending on where you are in the world,one word or phrase can mean something quite different to what was intended.
My biscuit barrel ( that was the description on the label ) I actually believe to be an egg dish.!! As I mentioned in the post,I have a Victorian chicken dish,which is for storing eggs. As the new chicken dish was of foreign origin,I assume the description got muddled in translation.!!
Jordiegirl
My son is a good photographer,he taught me all I know.He is trying to turn me into a better photographer so he was disappointed that I let my standard slip.Thats perfection for you.!!!
Deb
Just goes to show that a boring post can bring a smile to people,that I am glad about,in fact I had to laugh myself reading the comments.!!
Cheryl
Thank you for the comment,I loved the presents,just a shame I did not take good photos of them.!!
I must say, the first comment 'has stolen the show' from your post. I like the directness of " if nothing happens make it happen". Quite a guy, your son is.
ReplyDeleteLovely gifts - enjoy them all!
I remember Eddie and loved this image of him - the porcelain owl has a spooky real eye look about him LOL - the hen is very cute, and as far as the flower picture is concerned, at least you got flowers! and whether the picture could be better or not, they were worth showing off anyway!
ReplyDeleteWell done for making a post to fill your posting drought, you do better than me! I just disappear until I can find something to write about LOL x