I have been trying to get a decent picture of the Heron that is always on our lake but it has been very difficult as he always hears me coming and takes off before I can get a good shot.
Today I caught him beautifully as he was engrossed in watching frogs instead of me.
LOOKING FOR FROGS,if you look closely,you can see some in the reeds and water just under the Heron.
BUT SEES ME.!!!!
UP AND AWAY .....
.....FAR AWAY...
THEN HE CIRCLES ROUND AND RETURNS TO THE TREE TOP,OVERLOOKING THE LAKE AND THE FROGS.
I am happy to report that we have several hundred frogs,after the two I posted in my last blog,the rest arrived over night,The lake and ponds are a heaving mass of frogs and spawn,I think this year is the best we have had for a long time.
Besides the Heron,our next visitor will be the Otter,he always comes to visit when the frogs arrive.I hope I can get a picture of him this year as well.
Until the next time,take care everyone.
Great photos Matron. Love the one of the heron looking at the frogs with its reflection in the pond.
ReplyDeleteLook forward to seeing your otter photos too.
A crane, a frog and an otter sounds like the beginning of a very fun childrens book.
ReplyDeleteWe saw a beautiful all white crane while in San Francisco this week.
Hi Carolyn, great photos! We have a blue heron that hangs out at our pond every summer, but he hasn't made his appearance yet this year. I've taken a few photos of some geese that have landed, but my lens isn't quite long enough to do them justice. Isn't it fun to watch and listen for the spring arrivals? I haven't heard the frogs yet, either. It's a bit early for ours, but it won't be long! Have a great day, Cheryl
ReplyDeleteBrilliant.........I wish I could learn as fast as you have. I would have had auto focus continuous grab a really blurry Heron and pin sharp trees.
ReplyDeleteSuperb piccies x
ReplyDeleteClever of you! You've taken good advantage of the heron watching the frogs to take some marvelous pictures of it. You're getting very professional with your captures!
ReplyDelete