WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

THE FROGS ARE ARRIVING.

Well , two of them anyway.!!
Normally we have hundreds but last year the lake and ponds  were still frozen solid until March and we only had about 50 frogs that turned up very late in the mating season.The heron took most of the spawn and the otter took what was left of the frogs,so I hope we have more come this year.
These are the two that were on the patio yesterday.


This is Romeo,handsome  fellow,looking for his Juliet.......


.....but she is making her escape.she obviously does not love him like I do.!!!


 A pied wag tail,they have such a comical walk.
 Ireland is famous for it's mist,this is an example.
This is not mist.There is frost on the ground but the sun was quite warm and made everything steam.

These will enlarge,if you wish.

Sorry I have been away for so long but our renovations are still on going.A job that was supposed last  3 or 4 days is now entering it's third week and will not be finished until next weekend.I hope I can keep my sanity for that long.
Have a good weekend every one.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely photographs Matron.
    "Mad as the Mist and Snow"

    The first frog shot is a beauty. I love the eyes.
    O....the header is also a cracker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to see the frogs return !
    As a young girl, I was fascinated with frogs, and always had them in my pockets, much to the dislike of my mum.
    Such a beautiful country Ireland, the photos are spectacular, and your header breathtaking!
    Lovely post, hope you are keeping well...
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Abbot
    Trevor,thank you for your lovely comment.
    "You ask what makes me sigh,old friend,
    What makes me shudder so?
    I shudder and I sigh to think
    That even Cicero
    and many-minded Homer were
    Mad as the mist and snow.

    > William Butler Yeats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen such sharp close-up pictures of frogs as the first two ones. The frogs look lovely little creatures.

    The vivid colors of the frogs and the bird compensate us for the grey mist and frost in the last two pictures.

    Hope the rennovation job ends well and.. soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The frog photos are great...Romeo looks a tad uncomfortable! Beautiful landscapes today; just what I imagine when I think of Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos. I am very excited to say that we booked our hols today and we're coming to Ireland - hooray !!!
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolyn, your photos are great! I love to hear the frogs and as soon as I do hear them I know for sure that spring is here! Ireland is a beautiful country, I'd love to visit there some day to see where some of my ancestors came from.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to know it's spring somewhere. My world is becoming smaller and smaller as old man winter rests his bones in our fields.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and do read them all.