WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Daffodils

We have a lot of daffodils in the garden.These are some of the different varieties we have,I do not know the specific name or genus but I am presuming they are  related to the daffodil.

Two hybrid varieties.
Miniature daffodil with bumble bee!!


Yellow with orange cups
White with cream frilled cups
I am not sure what this is.
 White with yellow cups
Large standard yellow daffodil
To finish off, another bumble bee on the pussy willow.
Wishing you all a good weekend,bye for now.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful photos of your lovely gardens, and just what we all needed! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call the small one Narcissus. No guarantee that is what they are though.
    A tip..........try and shoot in shade it saves blown highlights and deepens colour. An Umbrella works for small areas. A case of do as I say and not as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos from your garden.

    We went out this morning and the daffodils on the traffic island down the road from are us are in full bloom, the whole island is full of them and it is sponsored by a local computer company. They look absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The daffodils are lovely and I love their scent. It says "spring has arrived"! I used to have a few at the edge of the garden, but hubby tilled them up! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried commenting yesterday and got an error message. Anyway, by this time you have already seen what the inspiration and motivation of this post did for me because you've visited my blog today! I haven't seen any bees here yet, but I did find some other signs of spring besides the pesky little robins who have taken over the airspace! They look for worms in our mulched areas and make a mess of the mulch scattering it all over the sidewalk path.
    Loved the daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely daffodils! I think my favorite are the "King Alfred" all white daffs. Of course, I'm mighty partial to the big yellow ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daffodils make spring. I personally like the dwarf ones best of all. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and do read them all.