Autumn is with us,the evenings are drawing in and I have been lighting the fire in the evenings this week.
All though the sun has been out,it is a watery sun,with little warmth,I have had to wear a coat during the day on my walks.
I have had a busy week,visitors in the Castle,with all that that entails.Shopping for a new freezer,a large upright one,because I can not bend over the old chest freezer anymore.!! Then when it was delivered it would not fit where I had planed,so we had to rearrange the kitchen.!!
The following photos were taken on my walks over the week,a mixed bag,but I like them,hope you do too.
A view from the cottage window
I have no idea what this little bird is,but he looks rather sorry for himself.
Thistle down,my favorite photo this week.
Two dragon flies,though they are hard to spot.!!
The sparrow hawk,still around in the woods.
Hope you have all had a good week.
Carolyn.
Beautiful pictures ! The sparrow hawk is waiting his turn.....
ReplyDeleteWe've had 100 degrees here today, no sign of rain for almost three weeks, I'll be so glad to see fall, and light the hearth :)
Remodeling the kitchen to fit the freezer sounds like something I would do...lol.
~jo
I love the view from your window and the thistle down. I enlarged the sparrow hawk, and it has an almost "water color" effect from the sun shining in the back ground. Really nice look! Have a good weekend...take a few walks so you can post more photos!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the walk via the photos with you. Your view from the cottage window is so pretty, too. Our temps are still near 100 degrees, I'll be so glad when we have some nice fall weather. Have a great weekend! I'll going on a little trip, see you in a week or so.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your new fridge!
ReplyDeleteAs usual, your photos are gorgeous. I like the view out of your window, the little apparently unhappy bird, and the thistles.(By the way, thistle extract has many uses in medicine).
A lovely series of nature photos, those dragonflies were amazing, especially when I enlarged the picture. Wanted to say, if I haven't mentioned it before, that your header photo is magnificent!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete