WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

FILMING A COOKING PROGRAM AT THE CASTLE/LINK TO NEW BLOGSPOT


A  film producer approached aunty Pam a few weeks ago,about  a cooking program they were doing and would she participate in it.
The program was about Irish food ,but included an interview with Pam  about her life history and the different food cultures she has encountered in her life and travels.Then she was asked to cook her favorite Irish recipe,which she said was bacon and cabbage.
The day of the film shoot the producer turned up with a chef and the camera man and as the cameras were being set up I asked if I could take a photograph of his camera,I actually fancied the camera man so aimed the camera at him.!!!!!
They did the interview then moved into the kitchen,a ham was produced and Pam told the chef how she would cook it and the chef duly put the ham in the pot.Pam was then filmed peeling a potato and chopping some cabbage etc.
Nothing actually got cooked as the chef then produced a meal that she brought with her,arranged it beautifully on a platter and set it on the table in front of the camera.
The whole program is an illusion.!
The only interesting part was the interview,as Pam has had an unusual and exciting life,having been born in India ,boarding school in England and travelled the world.Pam spends her holidays,months at a time ,with friends in Pakistan,one of her comments,during her interview,was that the best Irish stew she had ever had was cooked by a Pakistani in Lahore.
I do not know when this film will be shown or what channel it will be on,I hope they let us know so that we can watch it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have set up a new blog to publish my photo's, if you are interested in my progress from  a novice and track my eventual improvement,there is a LINK above my photo, called--MATRONS PHOTO,S.All comments and tips will be very welcome.Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and do read them all.