WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

NATURE SPOILED BY FLY TIPPERS

Today I took the dog for  a walk across the moor,first time I have been able to take this walk for ages because of the weather.I took the camera incase there was any wildlife to shoot,but only found loads of rubbish.I can not understand why people dump non organic refuse on the moor or in hedge rows etc,it looked awful,is a danger to wild life and the amount of plastic rubbish bags,full of domestic waste ( yes I did look ) was unbelievable .There was  concrete rubble,old fencing ,roof slates an old toilet, old beds,bottles and loads of broken glass.
Call me a bussy body,but I will be keeping an eye out for future would be tippers,and reporting them.Below are a few pictures,first,how the moor should look and the others are of the blight on the landscape.










This is only a selection of the rubbish,there was much much more,but don't want to bore you all to death by publishing all of them.
We live in a place designated as a natural beauty area and is protected by law both for the enviroment and by means of building restrictions.Our local town has Heritage status and relies on tourists as we have no industry to speak of,we have one hotel and lots of guest houses who rely on fishermen who come every year to fish on the Blackwater ,hill walkers and ramblers who use this area.What an eye sore they are going to find this year !One wonders if they will come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and do read them all.