WELCOME TO VIEWS FROM THE CASTLE.
My views of my life,photographs,ramblings and nostalgia for what has past and my hopes for tomorrow.Plus anything I think might interest others.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

SIGNS OF AUTUMN

On my walk today I could see the changes in the trees and hedge rows, even the garden is loosing it's sparkle.The trees are turning yellow and I was amazed at the amount of leaves falling  in August.
Do you remember the post about my mystery flower.....

This was posted in April,I still do not know what it is.....


This is what leaves look like today,the flowers were gone by the end of May,replaced by Rhubarb looking leaves that turn red in the Autumn. I am still open to any suggestions as to what it is.


Autumn colours in the hedge rows.


There were loads of ripe blackberries,I will be gathering these at the weekend to make jam and jellies.


Toadstool, giving a splash of colour in the brown leaves.

A Great Tit,looking as surprised as me at the fallen leaves.

The trees turning yellow,this usually happens in September,not August,hope it is not a bad omen.

I am of to the hospital tomorrow for my check up .This time I am seeing a back specialist,just hope he is not holding his clinic in the place I had to go to last time...THE CLINIC FOR AGE RELATED ILLNESSES.!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and do read them all.